Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sometimes you have to let go...

So my last bike was stolen outside of a comedy club...I had this one: 


It sucks. I had it for less than a year and a half. And someone smashed my lock and took the bike. It sucks that people do this. I liked my bike. I had just replaced the cassette on it and gotten a new chain not long before that, and replaced one of the brake cables. This was 22 days ago. I filed a police report, also reported it on the Portland stolen bike registry. I was also checking craigslist pretty much daily to see if the thief posted it for sale. No such luck.

So I finally decided it was time to move on. I was checking out many used bikes online. But I didn't really find something that didn't seem extremely low priced as to make me wonder if it was also a stolen bike, or something similar to what I had. So Geli found this website for me, where I found this at a very good price(hundreds less than what I paid for the last bike!), and it's an even better bike than I had before:

This time around though, I am getting a tougher lock, and I am also registering the bike with the manufacturer and also with the lock company. That gets me insurance in case it is stolen again, then the lock company pays me for it. I really hope it doesn't get to that. But that's not up to me. I wish shitty people didn't do this...but that's also not up to me. I get it in 5 days! Stoked for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment