Friday, November 17, 2017

Sometimes you play fútbol...

So I've been playing indoor soccer here in Portland for almost 2 years now. It's the futsal variety. 5 on 5, 1 player being a portero/keeper. It's smaller than the standard indoor soccer fields. And the rules are slightly different. But overall, it's still fútbol, and I love it. I play once a week. And we never practice haha. It's a vegan co-ed team, because it's Portland and these things happen here. Team name is Killer Tofu. I started playing forward, but we eventually lost our portero and so I started playing portero, Jorge Campos style, so I score sometimes. And sometimes they score on me because I am playing way too far upfield. High risk fútbol!




Sophie looking bored while I play.



Recently, we have to change facilities to one that is further away, which sucks. It used to be a mile from the house, and now it is over 3 miles. These are the new courts, although they will be changing a lot soon. They will be adding nets  to divide the courts and redrawing the court lines to regulation size.



It will take some getting used to, to play on hardwoods instead of the fake grass/turf at the old place. But futbol is always fun! :D

3 comments:

  1. Awesome name for the team, lol, there was a secret character on Resident Evil 2 named Tofu and I feel like it should be the mascot of the team XD
    And it sucks that you had to move to another place. Also, high risk high reward is awesome, that's how you play... when money isn't involved XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you found a way to get your soccer fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some awesome graffiti! Sports are fun, I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete