Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Sometimes you play futsal...

 I started playing Futsal some years ago. It's basically indoor soccer, 5v5, with a keeper/portero and some slightly different rules to adapt to the smaller space. 

The courts I play in. Looking over from upstairs while I wait for our court to open up. 

The ball is slightly smaller (like a size 4 ball more or less), but it is heavier, and bounces way less than a standard soccer ball. 


I usually only play once a week, very seldom I'll play twice a week in a league here. Anyway, this is all to say, I recently had to buy shoes because I kept getting blisters under my foot with my current shoes (I'll spare you the photos, they aren't pretty haha). They don't seem "worn out". I don't know what changed, but I got tired of the blisters and bought a different kind. 

Old shoes on the right

I decided to go with a more substantial shoe, with more of a sole and more cushion, while still being futsal shoes. I really liked how light the old shoes were and how thin everything on them was, but apparently my actual feet disagreed. I already used the new shoes a couple times and so far so good, no blisters. So either the old ones are worn out or lost what little cushion they had, or I'm just too old and need more cushion now haha. 

I enjoy playing quite a bit, so I hope to be able to keep playing for many years to come.

1 comment: