Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Sometimes you build a Dalek...

So for gift day Martha and Gustavo got me a Metal Earth 3D model kit of a Dalek(probably picked by Mari) . It looks simple, it just looks like a foil sheet with cutouts. But it's more involved than that. It's way more stiff than foil and you have to shape some of it into cones or cylinders and what not. So like most things, it is not as simple as it looks.


It probably took me like an hour and a half total. Although it spanned like 3-4 hours. But I kept having to do work stuff or make lunch, and other interruptions haha


Shaping the flat parts into round things is probably the hardest part. I really enjoyed building it. Now, of course, I will probably want the other cool things they make. I think I saw they make an R2-D2, Millennium Falcon, TARDIS, etc, so we'll see if I end up getting more of these.


I really only needed to use Geli's tweezers, the exacto knife, and the needle nose pliers to build this one.



I like how it came out. And now it joined some of my other things on my shelves. I've already run out of space on them, so I will need to add more shelves soon haha


2 comments: