Monday, November 28, 2011

Sometimes you see the stars...

...and it blows your mind. We were in Austin this weekend, and on the road on the way back, my mind was blown. I don't know why it takes so long for me to get under the stars again. I love it. I don't want to leave. I could literally stay out all night, just looking up.

It wasn't all stars though, this dazzling planetary sight made me stop at a rest stop:

Crescent moon, and Venus. I don't think there is anything more amazing about the sunset than venus impatiently peeking through before the sun is even done leaving.


How is this not beautiful? Venus is a dazzling sight...


Can you tell we were at a rest stop?


Orion was just rising when we stopped the second time. This time, it was to view the mind blowing Milky Way, our very own galaxy. Although in this pic, the light trails from the highway and Orion(lower left) just above it are the attractions.


The Milky Way....it is mind blowing to think how far these stars all are, and that each one of them is a "sun" just very very very far away. And then realize that this is all just one galaxy, amongst billions and billions.


And perhaps my favorite pic of the night...just wow. I love the night sky.

3 comments:

  1. the last one is my favorite picture too, great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics. Night sky is so freaking beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you blow my mind man!! i fucking love you pictures brothrman!

    ReplyDelete