Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sometimes the bike fails you...

Today we were gonna go for an epic bike ride. We were all ready to go, helmets on, got the bikes out, already on our way, but.....something was off. The bike felt heavy, and it rattled. And sure enough...I had a flat tire.

We were gonna bike all the way to the esplanade, which is a bike path by the riverside, downtown. And we couldn't. This was around 7:15pm, so bike shops were closed. I had no parts and no tools to fix the flat myself, so we went back home, but away the bikes, and walked to a coffee shop instead. Tomorrow, I will pump up the bike, and see if it gets me to the shop, else we will just walk it there. I remember driving over some glass on thursday. By the time I saw it, I could not maneuver out of its way safely. I was hoping none of it had gotten in the tires, but obviously, it did. So yeah...

We still had an awesome night. We went to have some coffee, played conquian, had a vegan muffin, and played some weird tetris like game geli has on the tablet, co-op style. Also made grand plans for tomorrow and sunday to re-organize and properly back up all our photos...it better get done. Unacceptable to have a laptop and 2 external drives without properly backing up our files.

T minus 6 days till the arrival of our 7D! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, that sucks about the bike failing on you when you have an epic bike ride planned

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat sucks :( And i miss playing conquian with you guys!

    ReplyDelete