Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sometimes success comes in the form a ping reply...

After working on connectivity issue with people that think a computer is a modem, seeing this is glorious! Success in communicating using terminology to people that don't know it can be challenging. Not only do I need them to follow directions, I need to teach them what a computer is. And that despite them seeing everything on the monitor, the monitor is not the computer. That rebooting the computer involves more than just turning the monitor off and back on. Add tracing of network cables, power-cycling of switches, and talking about link-lights, and you might be able to understand why seeing this feels like I just scored the winning gol in a mundial match!

And these nasty little guys, I have had to deal with rather often recently. Thankfully, the more practice I get with them, the easier it is to remove them for me. But seriously, wth?


And um...facebook has a facebook page? Why? You're on it! Isn't that reassuring enough that you "like it"? And 13 of my friends do lol Facebook has insecurity issues apparently...


5 comments:

  1. lol! facebook has a page?? on facebook?! that's hilarious!! xD
    atleast it's easier for you know :p i would never work with what you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol both the facebook thing and people not knowing how a computer functions is pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? like winning a goal in a mundial? hahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, did you dedicate that goal to somebody??? :P. But yeah, I would've already shot myself if I had to deal with people that don't know about computers regularly.

    ReplyDelete