Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sometimes you go to church on saturdays...

For some vegan cupcakes of course(the now a cafe, used to be a church one). This week there was a new flavor, apricot almond! And it was fantastic!


We're not huge fans of tons of frosting, so we really liked this one! Not sure if she will make them again though, since she said she had lots leftover at the end of the day...

On another quick note...this is a picture we took at the Border Patrol museum in El Paso many years ago, on Transmountain. Why this place even exists, is beyond me. Who needs it? And why? But after seeing this, I mean, how is it justified? How is this display not racist?

Really? Immigrants leave tortilla trails behind them? WTF?!
I mean, are they serious? Is this supposed to be funny? I suppose it could be true, but even then it shouldn't be something you make a display about at a museum!!! From the documentaries I have seen about illegal immigration, it is no walk in the park. They are short on water and food pretty much always. So I really doubt that they would just be dropping it throughout like this display suggests...

4 comments:

  1. that cupcake was fantastic! and that's has to be among the most racist 'museums'...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the cupcakes.. they look nothing like the ones me and my friend make. lol. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete