Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sometimes you post pics...

I hadn't posted any of the pics from our Portland adventures since last year...I get really behind with that, and really there was pics from last september I hadn't posted. So I tried to get caught up today, and did up until like 3/02.

FB freaked me out a little bit, it knows what I look like. Like I uploaded a pic I was in, without telling it that I was in it(didn't tag myself or anything) and it knew it was me...wtf?


So yeah, it knows what I look like just by running an algorithm against an uploaded image? That's pretty crazy haha I mean, it's no big deal, I am not a paranoid person that's afraid of information on the internet, but I just thought that was really odd. There are people working somewhere on creating and refining algorithms so that FB will recognize your face from others when you upload an image...weird.

3 comments:

  1. eh, i dont think it's freaky, it's not a leap from recognizing faces to recognizing specific faces

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool! not freaky!! Also, yay, thanks for the pics lol. I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete