Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sometimes you love spring...

Today we walked while Sophie rode her bike to a store to see if we could find Sophie some shoes she could wear in wet weather, since she destroyed her rain boots. On the way there and back, I could not help but be blown away by the flowers. Spring is just blowing my mind here. I never thought I would be so taken by flowers, plants, and trees. But Portland is really having quite a phenomenal spring(granted this is the first one I am here for). Check it out:








Sidewalks lined with petals under the cherry blossoms!




















I know that's a lot of pics, but I couldn't just put a few and show you the magnitude of what's going on here. Maybe it is just that I come from the desert and there's really not much more than a tiny rosebush here and a petunia there. Here it is like I am at some botanical gardens, except I am just walking around a normal Portland neighborhood...Oh, and tulips, apparently I really like them. And they are everywhere! They just seem to grow like weeds here! Pretty much in every house, it is very very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment